At the end of one’s career, there is no big prize, no glory, no golden watch. So what motivates these artists to follow their passion?
Freedumb is not trying to give an answer to anything. It is a discovery, a trip into the unknown, a documentation, without a pre-casted opinion. Like the graffiti on public transport, it just is.
The photos from prominent artists Taps & Moses, Utah & Ether and Phil America simply show you what’s happening in the painter world underneath you. They just are, and they will be, whether you love it, hate it or don’t care.
Freedumb alludes to a typical, dark graffiti writer humor. The search for freedom is a central theme in the world of graffiti.
In his work, he uses performance, photography, writing, video, sound installation and sculptures to seek a better understanding of his subjects.
The ever-changing name of this collective was not born out of indecision or marketing but rather to conceal the identities of its members while still defying the unwritten laws of graffiti: anonymity.
The pseudonym is the signature that gives the work recognition value. Taps & Moses are well-known for frequently using two colors, substituting their names with it. Recently they have published their first two monographs.
Their accomplishments in the graffiti world have garnered them much attention, and they have appeared in different publications. In addition to graffiti, the couple utilizes video, photography and social media and has produced short films, books, magazines and solo art shows.
The exhibition included a sculpture, photo prints and a video installation, giving viewers a first-hand view of a life outside the rules and limits of both art and society.
Sept 4 Perla-Mode, Zürich (CH)
Sept 4-6 Zona Cultura, Sofia (BG)
Sept 12 Le Monte-en-l’air, Paris (FR)
Oct 30 Assemblage Studios, Johannesburg (SA)
Oct 30 Hashtag Gallery, Toronto (CA)
Oct 31-Nov 2 7Tate, Brisbane (AU)
Nov 1-3 Spray Sport, Valencia (ES)
Nov 1 Produções Klandestinas, Brasília (BR)
Nov 1 Six Fathoms Deep, Bangkok (TH)
Nov 13-27 Square & Friends Gallery, Gold Coast (AU)
Nov 13 Hook & Loop, Guadalajara (MX)
Nov 13 Aerosoles Graffiti, Lima (PE)
Johannesburg, South Africa
- October 30
- Assemblage Studios
- 41 Gwi Gwi Mrwebi Street, Newtown, Johannesburg
- October 31 – November 2
- 7 Tate
- 7 Tate Street, Albion Qld 4010, Brisbane, Australia
- October 30
- Hashtag Gallery
- 801 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON, Canada
- November 1-3
- Avenida Primado Reig 135 Bajo Izq, Valenciana, Spain
- November 1
- Produções Klandestinas,
- SCS, Quadra 1, Ed. Maristela, Sala 205, Brasília, Brazil
- Six Fathoms Deep
- 52/24 Pan Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- September 12, 19.00 – 22.30h
- Le Monte-en-l’air
- 2 Rue de la Mare, 75020 Paris, France
- September 4-6, 19h
- Zona Cultura
- Ulitsa “Konstantin Stoilov” 59, Sofia, Bulgaria
- September 4, 19h
- Brauerstrasse 37, 8004 Zürich, Switzerland
Thanks to Edition Patrick Frey & Till Rippmann
- Hook & Loop
- Lopez Cotilla #679, Col. Centro C.P. 44100, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Aerosoles Graffiti
- 147*4013, AV LA MARINA 1602 , C.C MARINA PLAZA, TIENDA 126-127 primer nivel, Lima, Peru
Gold Coast, Australia
- November 13 – 27
- Square & Friends Gallery
- Suite 5 – The Old Courthouse. No. 4 First Avenue, Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia
Comments are closed.