Public Delivery is a not-for-profit arts organization established in 2011 in Seoul, South Korea. Our mission is to push the limits of how art can change the world. We collaborate with recognized artists, art spaces, and organizations to create an active archive of ideas and provide tools for artistic research. We focus specifically on overlooked and underrepresented communities, particularly those in remote places far from the usual spheres of the art world.
In our various collaborations, we have spearheaded projects such as Asia’s tallest mural and a pop-up exhibition that opened on the same weekend on six continents. Recently we have focused our efforts on the global performance project Silence Was Golden.
So far, we have produced over 400 performances and 40 exhibitions in 101 countries. In 2018 we became the most visited online not-for-profit arts organization.
Public Delivery was founded by Martin Schulze.
Stay in touch:
Our focus is to investigate different viewpoints, to address pressing issues and questions and broaden fundamental conversations on art. We explore the art environment in unpredictable and innovative ways while remaining fully independent in our operation.
One pillar of our work is education. Our daily blog features hundreds of articles and close to a million page views yearly. In 2013, we set up a photography class at DEAR Burma, a free school for refugees in Bangkok, Thailand.
Our second pillar is our projects.
We focus on creating meaningful and interactive content rather than the same old posts on social media. One hundred percent of our editorial content is specifically commissioned. We don’t publish copy-pasted press releases, hidden advertorials or paid content.
Status Quo Embracing change
Institutional or corporate sponsorship Truly independent
White Cube Decentralized
Latest and loudest Long-term
2012: Asia’s tallest mural
2013: 100 published articles
2014: 200 published articles
2015: 100 balloon performances
2016: 200 balloon performances
2017: Projects in 50 countries
2017: 300 balloon performances
2018: 300 published articles
2018: Most-visited online arts not-for-profit, and most visited fully independent art blog (outranking most museums, galleries and other art institutions)
2019: Projects in 100 countries
Public Delivery is not funded by any institution or corporate interest. While we accept partnerships for specific projects, we are entirely independent in our day-to-day-work. This allows us to speak about inconvenient topics, often from different perspectives, or pursue projects that are completely dedicated to free speech and equality.
Ads help us provide better content and faster server infrastructure. We consider this part of our grassroots approach in which you, the viewer, help to fund this project. If you’d like to see less or even no ads, please kindly consider making a donation below.
If you find any joy and value in what we do, please consider supporting us with a deeply appreciated donation. Contributions can be made with PayPal or by credit card. A receipt will be emailed to you.
• Total Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul, South Korea
• Dongdaemun Design Plaza, Seoul, South Korea
• Hubei Museum of Art, Wuhan, China
• Asia Culture Complex, Gwangju, South Korea
• Soma Museum of Art, Seoul, South Korea
• Nowon Culture and Arts Center, Seoul, South Korea
• Museum of Contemporary Art, Taipei, Taiwan
• Bangkok Art and Culture Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
• Bangkok University Art Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
• DEAR Burma, Bangkok, Thailand
• Musée Guimet, Paris, France
• Musée du quai Branly, Paris, France
• Musée des Confluences, Lyon, France
• Cité de la mode et du design, Paris, France
• Musée Paul-Dupuy et Georges-Labit, Toulouse, France
• Museum of Almería, Almería, Spain
• Greek Film Archive / Film Museum, Athens, Greece
• Münchener Stadtmuseum, Munich, Germany
• Forum Kunst Rottweil, Rottweil, Germany
• Museum of Contemporary Art, NYC
• The Contemporary Art Museum, Raleigh
• Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento
• Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History, California, USA
• Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles
• Lyndon B Johnson Space Center, Houston
• Sacramento State University
• California State University
• University of California, Davis
• Centro Cultural de España en La Paz, La Paz, Bolivia
• UNESCO ICPHS (The International Council for Philosophy and Human Sciences)
• UNESCO MOST (Management of Social Transformations)
• United Nations
• United Nations ESCAP
• International Labor Organization
• International Organization for Migration
• Arts Council Korea
• Chinese Olympic Committee
• Embassy of the United States, Seoul, South Korea
• Institut Français de République de Corée, Seoul, South Korea
• Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea
• Seoul Design Foundation, South Korea
• Korean Cultural & Arts Centers Association
• Conflictorium – Museum Of Conflict, Ahmedabad, India
• Common Future Fund, China
• Offrejoie, Lebanon
• Women and Girls Safe Space, Ankara, Turkey
• Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
• Busan Cultural Foundation, South Korea
• Busan Metropolitan City, South Korea
• Suyeong District Office, South Korea
• World Vision International
• The United States Government
• United States Department of Labor
• California Department of Parks and Recreations
• California Department of Fish and Game
• National Basketball Association
• US Customs and Border Protection
• Sacramento City Council
• Local Democracy Agency Mostar
• Stockholm Fringe Festival
• The Australian Government
• Ministry Of Education, Kiribati
• Montana Cans
• National Geographics
• Pernod Ricard
• Samsung Electronics
The Propeller Group
Cheng Ran & Item Idem
Taps & Moses
Clemens von Wedemeyer
Guido van der Werve
Take part in art project
Please join our on-going golden balloon project Silence Was Golden for free. Get in touch for details.
The artworks and ideas presented are solely displayed for informational purposes. We don’t encourage anything that is against the laws of your country.
You are free to to copy, distribute and transmit everything, as long as you attribute publicdelivery.org or the respective author. Read more about Creative Commons. Thank you for not using our images for commercial purposes.
Visitors from 214 countries
Gender: 54,7% female / 45,3% male
HHI $200-250k+: 33%
100% organic traffic
Time on site: 19min 22sec
Bounce rate: 10,32%
Ages 18-24: 30,9%
Ages 25-34: 32%
Ages 35-44: 16%
Ages 45-54: 10,1%
Ages 55-65: 6,4%
390k+ on Pinterest
550k+ on Google